Saturday, May 2, 2009

30 April 2009


For review & info of all the books I mention here, please goes to http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel


Reason for not updating my blog: SICK! SICK! SICK! No worries, not H1N1. Anyway, this is backdated to last Thursday:

We had a very short lesson today but still doing much better than I expected.

We were supposed to go out with my friend SY at around 12:15pm.

We were ready at 11:45am, which gave us some time to study. We did not do any Phonic, my sour throat plus the noise from the unit downstairs had pretty much make it an impossibility.

We read 3 Mother Goose rhymes, and 2 pages of Eric Carle's "Animals Animals" and finished one of our favorite " Things people do". We were kind of sad because we finished the book. But quite looking forward to the new book next week. I think it is the "Stories from around the world". I will tell you more about it when we read it next week.

Right after we finished, my friend arrived with her very cute 1-year-old boy.

We went to the curve because the noise in my place make it impossible for any quality conversation. Anyway, we had a good time chatting. Will tell you more when I have the time.

After my friend left, Den and I went to Borders. Den "read" in the children's corner while I looked for books nearby. I overheard her making a conversation with a jie jie. The jie jie is around 8-9 years old.

She said "Hi" to the jie jie and drew the jie jie into a conversation. What was even more amazing, she got the jie jie into reading for her!! hahaha! Who said homeschooling kids have problems in socializing?

No comments:

Post a Comment