Tuesday, May 5, 2009

05 May 2009

For review & info of all the books I mention here, please goes to http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel

I continue the "taking it slowly" mood. We woke up by the renovation noise at around 930am. Today was actually not too bad, hopefully, all the heavy metal major stuff is already done, and now is just all the lightweight drilling, etc...I can always hope...

I prepared lunch while Den ate breakfast and played. Then I had to fix a table lamp that she accidentally broke. By the time we started school, it was Noon.

We recited the verse and prayed. We finished all the Bible stories for the week....it is ONLY Tuesday!

Then I read 2 Chinese stories book for her:

1. 公主王子成长绘本系列 "我要我的牙齿" (I want my teeth).

It talks about a little prince who was very sad because one of his teeth fall off. He went around looking for his fallen teeth. While he was at it, he realized everything in nature loses some of their 'old things' in order to gain something new -- Leaves fall off in Fall and New leaves in Spring; Swam loses her feather then grows new father; Fruit drops from the tree and then new fruit grow, etc.

Finally, he accepts this and looks forward to his new teeth.

2.红蜻蜓幼儿首100字第5册 "小鱼". This is part of Odanata publication's first 100-word series. I am using them like storybooks. Den can read 40-60% of the words in there. I think very soon I need to purchase the first 200-word series.

I tried using this to teach Chinese words but find it very dry and boring. Reading as a storybook makes it much more fun.

After that, we practiced Chinese flash cards. We learned 4 new words today - 家,头,就,这. She already knows 家.

Then she worked on 1 page Chinese worksheet, 2 lines of writing (write 这), and 2 pages of subtraction and addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment