Wednesday, May 13, 2009

13 May 2009

For review & info of all the books I mention here, please goes to http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel

Since I have been sleeping very well every night, I have been waking up a bit early (for me!) around 8-9am. So Den also wakes up at about the same time....which means she has not been having 12 hours of sleep! Around 10 hours only. She is still functioning well though. I think I need to let her sleep early if she is going to wake up early.

Today, W&W were coming over, so at first, I thought we wouldn't be able to do much. However, Den woke up early so we actually have time to homeschool.

We practiced the new verse. She still can't really get it yet.

Then we read two Bible stories - both about Elijah - no rain for 3 years and contest with the false prophets.

After that, we practiced phonics. A short lesson today. Finished quite fast.

Then we studied math. I skipped through Book 4 because I think she already grab the concept of 11-20 (11 is 10+1; 12 is 10+2, and so on). We started adding to 20 (Book 5) using a counter. She has no problem with that either just a bit slow. I will give her more practice this week and next.

W&W came at around 1pm. We had fried spaghetti for lunch. I cooked.


Then they play a creative wooden block game called "brainstorm" for about an hour. Kids need to use all the weird-looking blocks to build 2 or 3-dimensional patterns. My uncle brought this for her 1-year-old birthday. I kept it and brought it out when she was 3 years old, it was too still difficult for her, so I kept it again and took it out again today. Working together they can build some of the easier puzzles. Good! (Give me time to update my blog too!)

I signed up for this homeschooling group in USA a few weeks back. Every day I have to read through like 60 emails but the good news is I get to know a lot of the free information out there. It is pretty amazing! Today, I found out that there is actually a forum that come with activities for Sonlight!!! I'm at week 18...hmm...late but at least I know it now!! Very happy still...haha! cup half full. :)

We read the Mother Goose books, Children's book of Virtues, and Golden bookk together after they watched a Chinese cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment