Thursday, April 30, 2009

29 April 2009

For review & info of all the books I mention here, please goes to http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel


I thought I won't be blogging tonight. It was a lousy day. I'm half sick - sore throat, headache, fatigue; the weather is unbearable, despite the rain in the afternoon (thank God for the rain, though); the unit right beneath us is undergoing some major renovation, the noise makes normal conversation almost impossible (I almost can't hear my own thought); it was also a cleaning day.

I was stressed too. When I looked at my schedule last night, I realized I won't be able to achieve what I wanted to achieve this week both in homeschooling and in Sunday School planning.

I really want to sleep early tonight since I know I will be awakened by the noise at 9am tomorrow. 9am is really early for someone who sleeps ar 3-5am. But I can't sleep. So I get up, did my devotion, and started this blog post.

When I started to examine my days more closely, I realized, despite all the bad, there were some good too.

Good thing no #1:Den practiced her piano, and did 3 sheets of work (1 on telling time, 1 on addition, 1 on subtraction) all by herself while I vacuumed the house! Then she played with "Dr. Seuss's ABC" CDRom while I cooked noddle for lunch. She finished "J" today.

After that, we had a very quick lunch because I misread the clock and thought we were going to be late for her 3:30 ballet replacement class. I only found out my mistake after she finished eating, we still have one hour to spare (maybe I'm the one who needs to do more time-telling worksheets). So that is definitely a Good thing no #2. I thought I won't have any time to homeschooling Den today and I ended with one whole hour!!

We started off with a Bible verse. Since we already finished all the Bible stories for this week, we read a story from "The Children's Book of Virtues". Today's story is about George Washington cutting down his daddy's favorite Cherry tree. George told the truth when he was confronted by his dad.

Den asked me, "if I do something wrong, then when you ask me and I tell you the truth then you wouldn't be angry anymore?"

All the warning bulks lit up in my brain, and I knew I need to answer this carefully.

So I said, "Mommy will still be angry but I will be even angrier if you lie about it." Hope that was a good answer :) We ended the session with prayer.

After that, we read and finished "The Year At Maple Hill Farm". It kind of grew on us and we actually didn't want it to end...but I still think it is very pricey for such a thin book though. :)

Subsequently, we read one of our favorites "A child's book of ART". Today we looked at the classic painting of farm animals (what a good link with "The Year At Maple Hill Farm", thanks Sonlight!) and we also looked at the farm animals pictures and words from "A First Word Bank".

That's all we did today before we had to leave for Ballet. Only when we were about to leave the house, we realized it RAIN!!! All the clothes I hung on my balcony were soaked wet but what a small price to pay for RAIN!! Hahaha! That should really count as a Good thing no#3.

What was even more amazing, it stopped raining right before I have to step out of my car and buy the parking ticket. I didn't even need an umbrella. Good thing no #4.

After ballet, we went back to my parent's house to run some errands with them. We ate dinner and then my hubby, ST came and get us home. By that time, I was half dead. I thought I would never make it home (I know I'm dramatic, that's why I love Adam Lambert!). Blessedly ST took care of Den, play UNO with her, bathed her, changed her, and prepared her for sleep...definitely a Good thing no#5.

Den fell asleep really fast today. She was awakened by the noise this morning too therefore not enough sleep. ST & I actually get to spend some quality time talking, yes, Good thing no#6.

Just now, right before my devotion, I saw a picture of Den when she was 4 months old. I was suddenly struck by wonder. Did God actually entrust us - ST & I, such imperfect creatures to take care of one of His precious creations? It is amazing. Good thing no #7...also plus the fact that she is so much prettier now compared to when she was 4 months old... haha!

I'm feeling quite good now after counting my blessing. The day was not bad at all with so many good things happening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment