Wednesday, June 17, 2009

16 June 2009

For review & info of most of the books I mentioned here, please goes to http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel (updated 16 June 2009)

It was a usual busy busy Tues. So we did not do much school.

Den woke up at 1030am. We hug hug, ate breakfast, and only start studying at 1130am.

We started with a new Bible verse:

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. ~Ephesians 4:32

Then we read 3 Bible stories (Den was so happy) - all about Daniel and his friends. The first one is about his 3 friends who were thrown into the fiery furnace (Daniel 1-3); the second one is about God's writing on the wall (Daniel 5) and the last one is about Daniel in the lions' den (Daniel 6).

Den claimed she knew all three stories (must be from Sunday school, since I never told her the stories before) and she can tell me most of the stories before I read them to her. Of cause, she still wanted me to read to her. The funniest thing was she claimed the last story was different from the one she heard before because, in my story, Daniel did not pray!! haha!

After the stories, we only have time to do the Phonic lesson. We learned "ar" today.

She practice her piano while I cooked lunch. She was getting so bored with her Yamaha primary one book and so she started playing songs from my book like row row row your boat, are you sleeping, etc. The Yamaha class concert is next Tues. We can't wait. She is really good with reading notes too. I'm pleasantly surprised.

After that is the usual rush for ballet and Yamaha.

One last note, Den's ballet teacher has invited her friend to come and teach line dance for the mommy and I decided to join in. I know I know there are lots of places that have free line dance but this one I don't have to take extra time out. Instead of watching Den dance, now I'm dancing myself.

The only :( thing is I won't know if Den has been behaving well or not and also won't be able to point out some of her mistakes later on. I plan to skip the dance lesson once a month so that I can see how she is doing. I know I know I'm a hopeless control freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment