Wednesday, January 13, 2010

12 Jan 2010

Sometimes it is really painful to read all those books from long long time ago! It is really time-consuming to check all those unfamiliar words!!!

Usually, I hate checking up on words while I read, so as long as I understand the overall story, I pretty much let go of the finer points...until I have to read aloud to Den....she wants to know the meaning of every unfamiliar word! So for some of the more difficult books, I usually read them first before I read out for her. It's not fun when we had to stop every few minutes to look up the words. It kind of kills the joy of reading.

I know this is the way it is supposed to be but it is really really time-consuming!! So I have been delaying some of the books because I got no time to read them first...like the last chapter of Milly Molly Mandy(under Read Aloud Book)....like the last story from Peter Rabbit (under Read Aloud 2)....

Finally, today, Den slept a bit early and I had the time to finish reading the last story of Peter Rabbit...guess what????? I recorded down 30 unfamiliar words just from one story! There goes all my precious time!! :(

Is it just me? Or is the book? How about let me test you, tell me if you know any of these words:

Coppice
alacrity
sorrel
hyacinths
crag
faggot
pollard
indolent
apoplectic
pendulum
counterpane
canister

Tell me how many you know! So that I will know if Sonlight is crazy or my English is way too lousy!

Well, if you don't know the words, check them up in the dictionary! :)


For review & info --For K books - http://www.squidoo.com/booksforK;
Pre K books- http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel

No comments:

Post a Comment