Friday, July 17, 2009

17 July 2009

For review & info on most of the books I mentioned here, please goes to http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel (updated 17 July 2009)

No school today. We went out for lunch and grocery shopping. After we came home, Den decided to play with two books that she had not been playing with for a long long time, both by Stephen T. Johnson. They are more like boy's books (if there is such a thing) but Den and I loved them.


The first one is called "My Little Red Toolbox". Inside the book, it has cardboard removable tools like a screwdriver, wrench, hammer, etc. The reader can take out the 'tools' and practice them in the book. Den was obsessed with the erasable slate. She used it to draw games for me to play. She drew a church on one side, me on the other side, and a road in between, then she asked me to find my way to church. :)





The 2nd one is even more extravagant. It is called 'My Little Blue Robot' and you can use the parts to build a robot that speaks! Read my write up about the books in http://www.squidoo.com/ahomeschoolingmomjornel

After that, she finished off her worksheets on money from yesterday. She did not finish the work and I did not realize it because I was chatting with SY. She also did another 2 worksheets from Sonlight Developing Early Learner Book 3 (finally!).

No comments:

Post a Comment