Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Bible for Den

We forget to bring Den's devotional Bible back from SG. Since I had been planning to get her a new Bible (the one that she has been using was a bit too young for her, read more about the Bibles we used here.), this was a good time to do so.

Today was busy Tuesday, she had ballet and Yamaha and usually I wont put any other activities on Tuesday. However, there was a very noisy renovation work at the apartment above mine (we have been praying for them to work very smoothly, so that they can finish as fast as possible!), so it seemed like a good reason to get out of the house.

After a quick lunch at home, I suggested we go to a Christian bookstore near by to get her a new Bible ( I tried to call ahead and see if they carry the Bible that I want....but they cant even hear me properly because of all the noice from above!!!). The was not much time to spare, so I was a bit worry we might be late for ballet.

Den said, "It is more important for me to get a new Bible so that I can have my devotion right? So it is ok if we are a bit late for ballet." ^^

So we went.

I was looking for The Beginner's Bible but then I found another one that look equally interesting. I let Den look at both and choose the one she want. 30 mins later (no idea how many stories she read), she decided on My Read and Rhyme Bible Storybook.

I kind of knew she was going to choose that one. She loves story that rhyme. All the story in this book is written like poem and all of them rhyme! Another good thing is there are activities that she can do at the end of each story. The not so good thing - it has only 37 stories...compare to 95 stories in The Beginner's Bible!

I bought The Beginner's Bible for her friend Wes (his mom asked me to help look for a Bible). Hopefully when they both finish reading theirs, they can exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment