Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Memory Verses

Den has 5 memory verses to memorized in these two weeks - one from Sonlight Week 11 - a not so easy verse:
Look to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God and there is no other. ~Isaiah 45:22
The other 4 verses are from the Sunday School she attends whenever she is in SG.

There is no way she can remember all these verses in such a short time. So I need to let her sing them. I did not like this particular song in Sonlight CD, so I have decided to let her memorize the Isaiah verse by saying as many time as possible and I also let her write the verse as part of her handwriting homework (long verse, so split into 3 parts).

I did some research tonite and found some interesting songs for the other 4 verses -

1) John 14:15 - I found a mom teaching her daughter this particular verse using a very easy and familiar tune - Are you sleeping:

If you love me, if you love me
you will obey
what I command 
John 14:15
John 14:15
You will obey
what I command

You can see her cute little girl singing this song at http://superfunmama.blogspot.com/2010/01/if-you-love-me-you-will-obey-what-i.html

2) Psalms 119:11 - this one is easy, I will use one of my favorite Bible verse CD - Hide 'em In Your Heart, Bible Memory Melodies Vol 2 (under Bible & Christian book). I taught this song in Sunday School when Den was around 2 years old. She actually can sang the whole song at that time. So now is time for revision.

3) 1 Timothy 4:12 - very very very long verse....then I found this super cool song version in Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-P0uRIcPQ and love it! Still very very hard to sing and memorize but I am sure at least Den will have fun learning it.

4) Deuteronomy 6:5 - found a simple song version in youtube again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN0q4QmayOQ

Youtube is very very useful in finding Bible verses song! Thank God for youtube! ^^

Btw, recently through a friend's recommendation I am now hooked with pastor Jaeson Ma's hip hop version of I Corinthians 13 - what love is all about - you can check it out in youtube too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kZ6wBoqTk. This is like a free advertisment for Youtube! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment