Sunday, October 24, 2010

23 & 24 Oct 2010

We did it! We managed to make 22 cupcakes yesterday!! This was the first time we make cupcakes and frosting, so we were a bit worry how they would turn out! They turn out quite cute, like Den, pink! ^^ Den ate 2 of them and we sold the rest to family members and church friends and we manage to collect RM281. That is like RM14 (USD4.10) per cupcake!! DH and I promised to match every dollar Den collected, so all together today we have RM562 (USD165.30) for Mission India!

We almost did not ended up in church today to sell the cupcake. My SIL had premature labour contraction last night, she was admitted to the hospital and I spent the night accompanied her since her hubby, my dear brother is currently working oversea. Thank God that every thing is all right and she was discharged this afternoon.

This morning when Den woke up and realized no one was going to church (I was in the hospital, my mom was exhausted, etc), she started to cry. She really really wanted to bring her cakes there to sell. So my mom ended up brought her to church and she sold all of them in like 15 mins. ^^ She was very very happy she manage to collect so much money for the kids in India.

Yesterday when I praised her for putting some of her weekly allowance (on top of tithing) into the collection suitcase for Mission India, she replied, "This is more important than keeping money to buy toys." ^^

Yesterday we managed finished Sonlight week13 Science. We learned about butterfly and flowers and how the insect carry the pollen from one flower to another. We also did copywork, Yamaha homework and practiced piano. We spent better part of the days making cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, DJ!! It is nice to have stumbled upon your blog after doing a google search for "KC Chu"!! Isn't that funny?!

    Myself and my 2 kids were born with squint. And we're Christians in Malaysia who are homeschooling our 3 kids, too. :) Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jolene! Nice to meet you too! Do you or your kids go to KC Chu too? My dd do regular eye exercise there. In fact, we just came back from one earlier today.

    I checked out your blog and it was beautifully done! I will definately go back there again to read more.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete